Uh-oh… It’s that time of the month again. Cramps, bloating, mood swings—and that’s not the half of it. For many women, the misery of PMS doesn’t end there, with anxiety, depression, constipation, and diarrhea all being common bedfellows when your monthly period comes around.
But did you know that instead of reaching for the Advil (or other OTC medication), many women are finding relief thanks to the power of CBD? OK, now we’ll be the first to say that, at the present, there’s not much proven scientific research that backs up the use of CBD for PMS. However, the anecdotal evidence is pretty compelling.
Let’s face it, what would you rather do? Suffer once a month? Take various medications that often comes with unpleasant side effects? Or use a 100% pure and natural product that works in conjunction with the body’s endocannabinoid system to gently reduce symptoms? We’re thinking the latter is by far the most appealing…
So let’s take a look at the many different ways in which CBD can be used to help with PMSing.
- Cramps and abdo pain: One of the most common symptoms, and one that CBD is most effective for, is gently reducing abdominal pain and cramps. Whether you choose to stopper a couple of drops of CBD tincture beneath your tongue, vape your fav liquid, or even enjoy the feeling of rubbing a good quality CBD topical onto your belly, this can be a great alternative to NSAIDs, such as ibuprofen, for pain.
- Mood swings, anxiety, and depression: CBD is great for hormonal fluctuations and mental health issues. Many find that using a THC free CBD vape pen is one of the most effective methods of naturally soothing such symptoms. Or, for those who don’t like to vape, edibles and oil provide a great alternative.
- Headaches: Oh the misery of the PMS headache! Thanks to the natural anti-inflammatory attributes of CBD, this is a far more natural method of easing the pain, rather than reaching for more traditional medications.
- Bloating: Once again CBD helps, thanks to its effective. yet gentle, anti-inflammatory properties. In fact, the substance is great for a whole host of digestive issues—the very reason so many people find a regular drop or two in a smoothie or straight into the mouth is an excellent method of waving bye-bye to the misery of many gastrointestinal issues.
- Diarrhea and constipation: Many women find they get loose or over-hard stools before or during their period. It often goes hand in hand with the bloating mentioned above. The happy consequence of effectively treating one type of PMS-related GI problems is that it usually helps the rest. A win-win situation all round, we think you’ll agree.
Leading CBD provider, Vīb, has been the go-to outlet for those in the know when it comes to CBD for treating PMS and more. Thanks to only using the highest quality of organic hemp, a constantly high potency of CBD, and containing zero THC, Vīb’s topicals, edibles, oils, and vapes are consistently rated the best by those who discover them. And when it comes to banishing the monthly misery of PMS, that’s very important indeed…